On the edge of the Square Mile, near The City, Canary Wharf and Shoreditch, the Whitechapel Gallery is an iconic venue displaying international art from the modern to the contemporary. The Gallery offers 3,600 square metres of beautiful and versatile space which can accommodate many different event needs — all housed in a distinctive building with artist-designed features and décor.
Whitechapel Gallery have 7 difference event spaces, with their own distinctive style and each very flexible and suitable for a variety of events:
- Gallery 1- This elegant setting is easily adapted to any style of event. Floor to ceiling glass doors add to a striking setting. Every quarter, a new exhibition is displayed, ensuring that there is always something new and thought provoking to see – perfect talking points for networking!
- Gallery 2- Gallery 2 is particularly recommended for dinners and receptions. Here you will find original Victorian brickwork and a polished concrete floor, along with the latest Whitechapel Gallery commission by a top artist. The perfect canvas for your event!
- Gallery 8- In this charming space, with its unusual arched ceiling, guests can network or discover more about the exhibition with an exclusive guided tour. In exclusive hire periods, you can host large-scale production events, conferencing, dinners and receptions in Gallery 8.
- Zilkha Auditorium – You’d be hard pressed to find another lecture theatre space with as much character as the Zilikha Auditorium! Colourful seating, designed by Turner Prize nominee Liam Gillick, injects energy and charm, and the stylish wood-panelling creates a space in which delegates feel at ease. You can choose from a variety of stage set-ups and there’s all the audio-visual equipment you could need for your conference or seminar.
- Gallery 3- Gallery 3 is a great choice for meetings, away days or dinners. There is a pull down projector screen, and limited edition prints line the walls – giving it the utility and character to host either professional or private events beautifully.
- Study Studio – This highly versatile space works wonders for both daytime and evening events. It has its own private entrance and is decorated with works from the Gallery’s social sculpture series. This is a light and airy space, highly chic with designer wooden furniture.
- Clore Creative Studio- This penthouse space with floor-to-ceiling windows and its own Juliet balcony adds inspiration to corporate events and magic to intimate evening celebrations. You have the option of dividing the space into three separate rooms, thanks to convenient sliding partitions – a great option for break out sessions.
Conference & Event Packages 2016
Bespoke event packages available on request.
- 7 flexible event spaces
- White gallery spaces
- London City location
- Excellent transport links
- Bespoke event packages on request
- Conference & Meeting spaces
- Iconic & Contemporary venue
- 3,600 square metres of beautiful and versatile space