Science Museum Venue Hire SW7
For more than 150 years, the Science Museum has been educating and entertaining visitors and has occupied its current building since 1928. Just as the progress of science is constantly advancing and expanding, so the Science Museum has expanded, continually updating and adding ever more exciting and dynamic exhibitions and venues. Even now, there is a masterplan to create a system of new galleries opening in 2013 and beyond.
The venue has a variety of flexible event spaces, which include:
- THE WELLCOME WING- Made up of the Ground Floor entrance, Who Am I, Atmosphere and In Future galleries, the Wellcome Wing is, by virtue of its award winning architecture, a unique and impressive event space
- IMAX CINEMA- With a screen taller than four double-decker buses, guests aren’t going to forget your message in a hurry. The IMAX can be used for laptop-based presentations, film or video, award ceremonies, product launches, AGMs or a private screening of 2D or 3D films. IMAX can be hired daytime or evening. With a state-of-the-art surround sound system, and one of the world’s most sophisticated projectors, our IMAX Cinema is a perfect solution for conferences, product launches and award ceremonies. Breakout spaces are available to hire in conjuction with the IMAX, which can serve both daytime and evening events.
- LEVEL 1 GALLERIES- There are times when brand is everything, and Level 1 is everything you need for those events. Level 1 is an L-shaped, versatile corporate events space offering a 700sq m blank canvas for fashion shows, product launches, award ceremonies, concerts or large-scale conferences and dinners.
- THE DIRECTOR’S SUITE- Showing that the Science Museum can do old-school elegance as well as contemporary, The Director’s Suite is a book-lined meeting room with its own separate entrance, an ante-room for refreshments and useful alcoves for workshop activities. The Suite is ideal for conferences and product launches by day and intimate dinners or cocktail parties by night.
- FLIGHT GALLLERY- Dine beneath the first aeroplane to cross the Atlantic, among other icons of aviation history. And if that is not excitement enough, the adjacent simulator ride will send pulse rates soaring.
- LAUNCHPAD- The Launchpad is an inspiring venue for team building, staff incentive events and contemporary receptions. The Launchpad has been relocated, refurbished and dramatically reinvented with more than 50 interactive exhibits to get your guests working together and engaging with each other.
- MAKING THE MODERN WORLD- Ideal for corporate dinners or receptions, the spectacular Making the Modern World gallery charts the timeline of the modern world through some of its most famous icons from Stephenson’s ‘Rocket’ to Apollo 10.
- EXPLORING SPACE- The Exploring Space gallery brings the final frontier back to earth with its amazing collection of rockets, satellites and genuine and replica space exploration artefacts. The Exploring Space gallery is a fascinating and dramatic backdrop to any corporate event.
- ENERGY HALL- Perfect for drinks receptions, the engaging and inspiring Energy Hall links together the past and present of Britain’s engineering achievements since the Industrial Revolution. The Hall offers unique branding opportunities in the colour-phasing roof and the Energy Ring which can transmit an 8m high welcome message.
- THE WELLCOME WING GALLERY- This exciting new space is available to hire until the end of October. It’s a great choice for conferences, product launches, fashion shows, exhibitions and experiential events. The Wellcome Wing Gallery is a blank canvas space perfect for one-of-a-kind events, with its limited time availability giving an extra sense of exclusivity. The space is available for dry hire and can be hired alongside the IMAX Cinema.
Conference & Events Packages 2016
Bespoke packages available on request!
- Event capacity for up to 750 guests
- Unique venue
- Iconic London venue
- Bespoke conference packages available
- 10 flexible event space to choose from
- Excellent transport links
- ITA Venue
- Christmas party packages available
- iMax Cinema available for conference hire