Open Eye Gallery Venue Hire L3
Founded in 1977 Open Eye Gallery is an independent not-for-profit photography gallery based in Liverpool. They are one of the UK’s leading photography spaces, and the only gallery dedicated to photography and related media in the North West of England. Open Eye has consistently championed photography as an art form that is relevant to everyone. They promote the practice, enjoyment and understanding of photography by creating challenging and entertaining opportunities to experience and appreciate distinctive, innovative photographs. As well as presenting a programme of international, high-quality exhibitions they also house a permanent Archive containing photographs from the 1930s to the present day. They support established and emerging artists, developing practical, critical and professional skills among photography practitioners; they also offer training and development opportunities to people within their local community.
In November 2011 Open Eye Gallery re-launched in a brand new purpose-built home in one of the city’s most prestigious and prominent new developments on the Liverpool Waterfront. The gallery opens onto a large covered public square and is split over two floors. Open Eye Gallery hosts an international programme of cutting edge exhibitions showcased all year round, including periodic exhibitions reflecting on the gallery’s Archive. Open Eye Gallery also commissions Wall Works – large- scale graphic art installations for the external facade of the gallery. The gallery’s position at the heart of the regenerated Waterfront – next to the Museum of Liverpool and a stone’s throw from Tate Liverpool and Albert Dock – cements its commitment to the city and its vibrant cultural life.
In House Equipment
The Gallery has the following equipment available to hire:
- 3 Projectors (1 HD)
- 63 inch projection screen
- 62 inch Plasma TV
- 2 DSLR cameras
- Yamaha small powered speakers
- JBL small powered speakers
- 6 Apple Desktop Computers
- 6 pairs Sony Headphones
- Open Eye Gallery has an approved local supplier list for catering, additional furniture, AV equipment, lighting/sound engineers, merchandise design & production and professional printing.
- Value for money and standards are checked regularly and we welcome feedback from clients about the service received.
- Additional Services
- With a wealth of experience programming gallery events the team at Open Eye can help to make your event really
Breakfast : from £450 : 07.30 – 09.30
Half Day* : from £550 : 12.00 – 16.66
Day* : from £850 : 09.00 – 18:00
Evening : from £450 : 19:00 – 22:00
* Only available on Mondays, all times can be extended/negotiated.
N.B All rates include event staffing but are excluding catering staffing/costs.
Charitable discounts available at the Gallery’s discretion.
Gallery Spaces: 230
Gallery Spaces & Covered Public Realm: 499
- Located on the ground floor, Gallery 1 is ideal for welcoming guests with a glass of wine on arrival.
- With a solid oak reception desk, polished concrete floor and double height ceiling the space is open, inviting and perfect for drinks receptions, meetings or lectures with direct access to the Covered Public Realm.
- Suitable For Wine receptions, Discussions, Presentations, Team development, Away days, Meetings, Book launches
- Features; Floor sunken electricity supply, Open Eye Gallery Shop, Reception Desk (with internet access), WIFI
- Located on the ground floor with full height glass windows overlooking the canal Gallery 2 is bright and spacious, ideal for large lectures, meetings and wine receptions. Gallery 2 has a polished concrete floor and is connected to Gallery 1 via a solid wood panelled corridor making it ideal for larger events or multiple layouts where the two spaces can be used together.
- Suitable For; Wine receptions, Discussions, Presentations, Team development, Away days, Meetings, Book launches
- Features; Ceiling electricity supply, Full height windows, Low level seating area
- The Upper Gallery is located on the 1st floor, with a solid wood floor and single height ceiling the space is ideal for more intimate settings, breakout space from the larger galleries or meetings.
- Accessible via the stairs or platform lift, the Upper Gallery is a private yet versatile space with adjustable lighting to suit any event.
- Suitable For; Discussions, Presentations, Team development, Away days, Meetings
- Features; Floor sunken electricity supply, Solid wood floor, Adjustable lighting
Covered Public Realm
- The Gallery is set within a large covered glass space called the Covered Public Realm. This space can be used for larger events and was used for the gallery’s launch in 2011 and summer previews of new exhibitions.
- The Covered Public Realm is managed by Mann Island but can be booked directly through Open Eye Gallery, please ask the Operations Coordinator for prices and availability.
- Open Eye Gallery runs a small Gallery Shop, specialising in Photography books, souvenirs, cards and analogue cameras. If you are looking to make your event unique and memorable we can create great gift packages for your clients to take away with them. A ticketing service is available for your event via the online and in-store systems, please ask the Operations Coordinator for more details