Museum of London Docklands Venue Hire E14
The Museum of London Docklands traces the 2,000 year history of London’s river, port and people, from the arrival of the Romans to the rise of Canary Wharf. Located over five floors of a splendid late Georgian warehouse, the museum is Canary Wharf’s only Grade 1 listed venue. Built in 1802, the warehouse which is home to Museum of London Docklands was originally used to store vast quantities of rum, molasses, coffee, pimento and cotton from the West Indies. Its original pine columns and floors juxtapose stylishly with contemporary fittings.
The Museum of London Docklands tells the story of the world’s greatest city and its people, revealing the long history of London as a port from Roman times to the present day. Set within a splendid Georgian warehouse originally built to store rum, sugar and coffee, the Museum is Canary Wharf’s only Grade I listed venue, offering a historic setting for your event against the contemporary backdrop of London’s financial district. Conveniently located close to the new Olympic Park, the Museum is a home to the story of modern London, capturing the unique spirit and energy of this global city ahead of 2012. Host your event in this distinctive venue and you’ll be inviting your guests to explore London’s past and be part of its future.
Whether you plan to host an exclusive drinks reception for up to 800 people or dinners for up to 130 guests you’ll find the perfect setting for your event at the Museum of London Docklands. As well as a theatre and conference facilities for up to 146 guests, you’ll have access to a private terrace area on the quayside.
With 9 brilliant event spaces, this stylish venue offers a distinctive backdrop for events, ranging from presentations and conferences to evening receptions, dinners and weddings.
- CHRIS ELLMERS GALLERY- This blank canvas space is located on the ground floor next to the Rum Store and ideal for dinners, exhibitions and receptions.
- RUM STORE- For meetings, lunches, dinners, receptions or parties the fully restored Rum Store is an ideal location, with quayside doors which open out onto the south-facing quayside terrace. Original pine columns and exposed brickwork make this room a truly unique event and conference space.
- SAILORTOWN- Take your guests for an atmospheric stroll through a recreation of one of the most popular “Sailortowns” of the 1840s. Narrow streets and alleyways are lined with pubs, shops and services typical of the riverside district.
- WILBERFORCE THEATRE- The impressive Wilberforce Theatre is available with comfortable tiered seating.
- QUAYSIDE ROOM- The Quayside Room is located on the third floor of the building and is available as an independent meeting space or as a catering room for the adjoining lecture theatre. Its bare brick walls and direct views of West India Quay and Canary Wharf fill the room with distinct character and make it an excellent choice for an event
- MUSCOVADO HALL- During the day, the Muscovado Hall is the Museum entrance, but its exposed columns and gleaming oakwood floors can be utilised to provide a stunning backdrop for evening events.
- RUM & SUGAR- Taking its name and much of its styling from its original function as a storage hub for vast quantities of rum, sugar and molasses from the Caribbean, the restaurant offers a distinct backdrop for striking entertaining.
- GALLERIES- Hosting your event within one of the Museum’s galleries gives it a unique surrounding and a wealth of conversation opportunities inspired by the fascinating displays.
- BOARDROOM-The Boardroom seats 16 and with direct views over the quayside and Canary Wharf, it is the ideal venue for smaller meetings and a refreshing space away from the office.the original pine columns and exposed brickwork characteristic throughout the building as a whole.
Conference Packages 2017 coming soon!
- Disabled access
- Air conditioning
- Natural daylight
- Free Wi-Fi
- Bespoke packages available on request
- Conference packages available
- Christmas parties available here
- Summer parties available here
- Natural daylight
- ITA owned venue