Law Society Venue Hire WC2
The Law Society is an integral player in the City of London’s history and its magnificent building has been at the very centre of the legal world since its completion in 1832. Hire The Law Society for your event and the stunning Grade II listed neo-Georgian hall and graceful rooms within will impart style, gravitas, and a sense of heritage from the moment you pass through the grand portico. This adaptable venue offers both traditional and contemporary backdrops and its many rooms lend themselves equally well to corporate and private occasions. Every event space offers disabled access, air conditioning, natural daylight, a telephone, and free Wi-Fi.
The Law Society has 7 brilliantly flexible event and private dining spaces to choose from:
- The Old Book Shop- Capacity for 35 guests. The Old Book Shop, which was indeed formerly The Law Society’s own book shop now provides an ideal and unique meeting space. Smartly but simply decorated, this ground floor room is surrounded by antique English oak panelling, taken from the 16th century Hall of the Honourable Society of New Inn. With a fixed screen and projector, the Old Book Shop is perfect for smaller meetings and breakout sessions.
- Six Clerks Room- Capacity for 35 guests. The warm and peaceful Six Clerks Room on the ground floor is perfect for smaller events, intimate dinners or breakout space. It can seat delegates in theatre or boardroom style and is complemented by a useful ante-chamber at the rear, most commonly utilised to provide a catering area. Its charming arts and crafts fireplace and feature wall of heraldic crests lend elegance and character to any event held in the Six Clerks Room.
- Old Council Chamber and Dining Room- Capacity for 130 guests. The Old Council Chamber and Dining Room confers gravitas on the medium sized meetings or banquets to which it is so perfectly suited.
- Reading Room- Capacity for 210 guests. The Reading Room is a truly special venue. With its refined palette of subtle blue, gold, and cream and 12m high glass ceiling, the atmosphere is both welcoming and grand in this spacious and versatile room. Located on the ground floor, the Reading Room is ideal for canapé receptions, seminars, or special dinners.
- Common Room- Capacity for 280 guests. The sweeping marble staircase leads you to the magnificent Common Room, the largest of the event areas and a venue which truly reflects the gravity and prestige of The Law Society. Graceful pillars of green marble draw the eye to Conrad Dressler’s celebrated Persian enamel frieze amid mahogany panelling, 17th century stained glass windows and a peacock-tiled fireplace. This grand room is wholly impressive for conferences and entertaining, with a built-in PA system, screen and staging adding versatility for corporate events. It is the perfect all-purpose event space.
- Strand, Fleet and Bell- Capacity for 150 guests. The Strand, Fleet and Bell Suite comprises of three light and airy, fully sound-proofed meeting rooms that open into one large conference area or work equally well set up as individual rooms used for smaller meetings, breakout space or catering areas. Featuring cherry wood panelling and furniture, each inviting first floor room is flooded with natural light and overlooks the Royal Courts of Justice. The Suite’s close proximity to the Common Room means that it works exceptionally well with duel hire.
- Council Chamber- Capacity for 100 guests. Following its 2009 refurbishment, the Council Chamber offers audiovisual facilities to rival any London venue. With its tiered ergonomic seating, each with access to power and data, this second floor space is ideal for training sessions, screenings and video conferences. With four in-built power plasma screens, inclusive Wi-Fi and remote panel for blinds and lighting, this room definitely has all you need to ensure an impressive and streamlined event. The adjoining Holborn & Lincoln Room provides the perfect location for breakout and/or catering space, and is included in the hire charge.
Conference Packages 2016
Bespoke day delegate and private dining packages available on request.
- Disabled access
- Air conditioning
- Natural daylight
- Free Wi-Fi
- Bespoke packages available on request
- Conference packages available
- Christmas parties available here
- Natural daylight